Diamond Case Designs,
Inc. Introduces The DC-1061
Professional Grade "In-Furniture"
Case Designs, Inc. has been producing fine furniture for home theater
system for over 15 years. Our specialty is being able to beautifully
integrate a sophisticated home theater system into a natural home environment.
This involves enclosing the electronics in specialized furniture systems
that both hide the equipment, and make it accessible for installation
and subsequent access. This, of course, involves addressing the various
weight, wire management, and ventilation requirements of the equipment.
In fact, our systems have won many industry awards due to features such
as casters, screwed on removable backs, and air chimney ventilation systems
that specifically address these needs.
However, there was always the difficult challenge of trying
to properly house a speaker system within the furniture without sacrificing
acoustics or design. Traditional speakers are not made to go in other
enclosures (furniture). Tower speakers are not practical due to their
size. Speakers with rear, side or down firing ports or drivers are not
ideal since they create standing waves within the enclosure that tend
to "muddy" or "loosen" the sound making it less accurate. Therefore, we
set out to create a speaker specifically intended to be enclosed within
furniture. We partnered with RBH Sound,
Inc. one of the premier speaker manufacturers in the country with
over 26 years of experience in engineering and producing professional
quality speaker systems. After a year of design and engineering, the result
was the DC-1061, an integrated speaker / subwoofer designed for "in-furniture"
DC-1061 can be used in many applications. First, it can be used as a full
range speaker with all 3 drivers being powered directly from your receiver
or amplifier. You can think of it as a tower speaker that has been re-sized
into a "cube-like" shape that more easily fits inside furniture. This
is ideal for stereo or music only applications. However, this speaker
is also designed for home theater use. Utilizing its Bi-Amp feature and
the separate SA-200 200 watt powered amplifier, you are able to use it
as two distinct speakers in one housing (a bookshelf speaker and a powered
subwoofer). The midrange and the tweeter would be driven by your surround
receiver, and the subwoofer would be driven by the SA-200 Amplifier. This
way the midrange and tweeter will receive signals designed for the Left,
Center, or Right speakers and the Subwoofer will receive the LFE (Low
Frequency Effects) channel from Dolby Digital or DTS soundtracks. With
this design there is no need for a separate subwoofer, making it even
easier to hide all of your front speakers in the furniture.
We also offer rear channel speakers from RBH that are designed
to go with the DC-1061s. They are available in all popular formats including:
bookshelf, di-polar, in-wall, or in-ceiling.
There are four basic ways to utilize
- As right and left speakers with dual powered subwoofers. By using
a pair of the DC-1061s mated with the SA-200 amplifier, you are taking
care of the right and left channels as well as the subwoofer (LFE) channel
in two compact speakers. And you get the added benefit of DUAL subwoofers
to more evenly drench your theater in sound. With this set up you would
mate the DC-1061s with your own center channel or have us recommend
an RBH center channel that is sonically matched to the DC-1061s.
- As a center channel speaker and powered subwoofer. By using a single
DC-1061 with the SA-200 amplifier, you are providing a center channel
speaker and a powered subwoofer in a single compact design. You can
use your own existing right and left speakers or have us recommend a
pair of RBH speakers that are acoustically matched to the DC-1061.
- As your right, left, and center speakers with dual powered subwoofers.
By using three DC-1061s (combining options one and two above), you get
the function of five speakers in just three cabinets. You would use
the SA-200 Amplifier to drive the subwoofers in the right and left cabinets
and you would run the center channel full range.
- As a right and left stereo pair. For stereo music applications you
can simply run a pair of DC-1061s full range off of your existing receiver/amplifier.
Features and Specifications
- Produced by RBH Sound, Inc. one of the premier speaker manufacturers
in the country with over 26 years of experience in engineering and production
- Proprietary Ultra-Rigid aluminum cone drivers for unsurpassed detail
and accuracy. Aluminum drivers are ideal for effortlessly handling the
most demanding explosions and flawlessly reproducing the subtlest musical
- The 6" and 10" drivers feature voice coil formers manufactured from
Kapton, an aerospace material with high heat tolerance and excellent
rigidity. They are also much lighter than conventional voice coils.
These qualities result in increased power handling, lower distortion,
and optimum accuracy.
- To further increase power handling and accuracy, the 6" voice coil
is double wound and the 10" voice coil is quadruple wound.
- The 1" silk dome tweeter uses Ferrofluid liquid cooling for maximum
efficiency and accuracy.
- The tweeter is protected with a self-resetting current interrupt device
which operates 900 times faster than fuses or thermistors and protects
the tweeter against damage from high input or overloading.
- Craftsman quality speaker cabinets use solid 3/4" MDF construction
with a 1 inch baffle. This high density fiberboard is more rigid than
standard particleboard. Heavy duty internal bracing further ensures
the cabinets structural integrity. Sonically this results in the speakers
ability to handle the stresses of high powered home theater systems,
without giving way to distortion.
- Bi-Ampable design means the speaker can be run full range (all 3 drivers,
1", 6", and 10" together) direct from the receiver/amplifier, or it
can be divided driving the midrange and tweeter (6" and 1") direct from
the receiver and the 10" subwoofer from the separate dedicated subwoofer
- Speaker is completely video shielded making it safe to use next to
- The speaker cabinet is a sealed enclosure with all drivers and ports
firing directly forward making it ideal for placement within furniture.
This minimizes the potential adverse effects the furniture can have
on the sonic qualities of the speaker.
- Dimensions and Weight:
- 12.5"W x 19.5"H x 18.25"D
- The speaker is designed to be set vertically (19.5"H) or horizontally
- One inch high vibration absorbing feet are also included
- 50 lbs.
- Power Handling / Frequency Response in Bi-Amp
- Top (Midrange and Tweeter): 50-150 watts into 8 Ohms
- Frequency Response 100 Hz to 20,000 Hz
- Bottom (Subwoofer): 50-200 watts into 6 Ohms
- Frequency Response 30 Hz to 100 Hz
- Power Handling / Frequency Response in Full
- Subwoofer, Midrange and Tweeter: 50-200 watts into 6 Ohms
- Frequency Response 30 Hz to 20,000 Hz
- 5 years on speaker, 1 year on amplifier